Search squid archive

Re: squid "make check" error

On 20/07/24 03:19, Alex Rousskov wrote:
On 2024-07-19 09:20, Rafał Stanilewicz wrote:
Thank you. It worked.

Glad to hear that!

Seconded.

I incorrectly assumed all dependencies would be captured by aptitude build-dep squid and ./configure.

AFAIK that is a correct assumption for Debian based packages. The only additional dependencies needed should be for features *not* enabled in the package.

This failure is quite a surprise to me. That said, I test the Debian "squid" package with "apt" not "aptitude" and there are some unexpected algorithm differences at times.

Should "squid" package build dependencies accommodate "make check"?

The Debian/Ubuntu packages should since the package creation runs "make check". The "apt build-dep squid" should pull in everything necessary to build the relevant squid_*.deb package (except some few essential OS packages which should exist everywhere).

libcppunit-dev has been listed as a squid dependency for many years. So I would not be surprised if some ancient Ubuntu (circa 2010 or such) showed this behaviour, but certainly not the one you have.

Cheers
Amos