Search squid archive

"No buffer space available" is output to cache.log

Hello everyone

Iam using Squid on Windows Server 2019.

There are times when I cannot connect to the internet, and upon checking the cache.log file, I found the following error:

"comm_openex socket failure: (105) No buffer space available"

While searching the internet, I found a few potential solutions:

  1. Modify the cache settings in squid.conf: cache_dir ufs c:/squid/var/cache 100 16 256
  2. Registry modification: Create a DWORD key named TcpNumConnections under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters and set the value to 800.
  3. Add the following lines to the squid.conf to apply bandwidth limiting:

delay_pools 1

delay_class 1 1

delay_access 1

allow all delay_parameters 1 500000/500000

Is this an issue with the operating system or with Squid?

If anyone has more information, please let me know.