Search squid archive

Re: ICAP response to avoid backend

On 2024-02-27 12:38+1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> On 26/02/24 06:52, Ed wrote:
> >
> >    acl bad_foo req_header ICAPHEADER -i foobar
> >    cache_peer_access server_1 deny bad_foo

> Assuming that an ICAP service is controlling whether the peers are to
> be used that is the correct way.
>
> However, if you have an ICAP service controlling whether a peer can be
> used consider having the ICAP service just send Squid the final
> response. There is a relatively huge amount of complexity, both in the
> config and what Squid has to do slowing the transaction down just for
> this maybe-a-HIT behaviour.

Yes, it would be best if the traffic wasn't there sometimes :)

> Alternatives to "cache_peer_access .. deny bad_foo" are:
> B) "miss_access deny bad_foo",

I think your suggestion of B suits best, thank you very much as that
saves me using multiple cache_peer_access lines. Something didn't feel
right with what I was doing, and asking for an alternative was the right
thing to do.

Many thanks,
Ed