Search squid archive

Re: Squid - Queue overflow

On 2024-01-29 07:09, Andre Bolinhas wrote:

I'm getting this error in cache.log

2024/01/29 14:33:03 kid5| ERROR: Collapsed forwarding queue overflow for kid1 at 1024 items
     current master transaction: master2163155

This leads Squid stops filtering or check any of the ACL rules, allowing users to navigate to all websites without any kind of filtering or control.

FWIW, I am surprised by such a side effect. Are you sure that it is this particular ERROR that leads to access controls bypass? Are there any other alarming messages in cache.log?

Can you help to understand and correct this issue please.

My recommendation is to upgrade to Squid v6 and address "Your cache is running out of filedescriptors" WARNINGs that you have reported in another squid-users thread. Once your Squid descriptor resources match the traffic Squid receives, this ERROR may disappear. If the ERROR is still there after those two changes, it may be easier to triage it in a cleaner environment.

HTH,

Alex.