Search squid archive

Re: chunked transfer over sslbump

On 2024-01-09 09:13, Arun Kumar wrote:

I have compiled/installed squid v5.8 in Amazon Linux and configured it with sslbump option. Squid is used as proxy to get response from https site. When the https site sends chunked response, it appears that the first response comes but it get stuck and doesn't receive the full response. Appreciate any help.
There were some recent chunking-related changes in Squid, but none of them is likely to be responsible for the problems you are describing unless the origin server response is very special/unusual.

Does the client in this test get the HTTP response header? Some HTTP response body bytes?

To triage the problem, I recommend sharing the corresponding access.log records (at least). Seeing debugging of the problematic transaction may be very useful (but avoid using production security keys and other sensitive information in such tests):
https://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/BugReporting#debugging-a-single-transaction

Please note that Squid v5 is not officially supported and has more known security vulnerabilities than Squid v6. You should be using Squid v6.

HTH,

Alex.