Search squid archive

Re: log_db_daemon errors

On 11/2/23 2:14 PM, Robert 'Bobby' Zenz wrote:
Use of uninitialized value $DBI::errstr in concatenation (.) or
string at /usr/lib64/squid/log_db_daemon line 403.
You're trying to use an uninitialized variable when outputting(?) the
error message. Fix that first. I'm guessing you're using the `errstr`
function wrong there, see the official documentation for hints:
https://metacpan.org/pod/DBD::MariaDB

Cannot connect to database:  at /usr/lib64/squid/log_db_daemon line
403.
And then you should see what error you're actually getting here. My
guess is that it will be a permission issue. User not allowed to
connect from this host, or process not allowed to access the socket or
something similar.
My apologies, I missed that that might not be a script you've written.
I guess it is a ready-made script?

yes, this is the script packaged with squid from the fedora repos.  i will try to correct the script, which i believe may be victim to newer syntax in an updated perl version or something like that.  we'll see what comes of it...

thanks,

brendan