Search squid archive

Re: Cache NTLM Authenticaion

On 27/10/23 14:08, Andre Bolinhas wrote:
Hi

It's possible squid cache NTLM authentication from users?

NTLM tokens are unique per TCP connection. So no, caching is a pointless waste of CPU and memory. The best that can be done already is.

My goal is to store the credentials in cache in order to reduce the request to Active Directory.

The only way to do that is to reduce unique TCP connections between clients and Squid.

Check that <http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/client_persistent_connections/> directive is either absent or turned "on" explicitly.

I'm trying guide from this squid : auth_param configuration directive (squid-cache.org) <http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/auth_param/> but there is no information relative to cache the authentication / credentials.

Also, in NTLM did you recommend to use the keep_alive option?

If it works, yes. Though be aware it only affects the initial request of the NTLM handshake.

Cheers
Amos