Search squid archive

Re: 2 year old security bugs not fixed?

On 14/10/23 04:19, Dieter Bloms wrote:
Hello,

I stumbled across this page
https://joshua.hu/squid-security-audit-35-0days-45-exploits and wonder
if all these security holes are really still there.

Can someone from the developers give a status?

Thank you very much.

We continue to close the vulnerabilities we can. In the order we deem most urgent based on what we know of common use cases for Squid.

Some issues listed are missing their fix references, so the situation is (slightly) better than first appearances. Right now I am going through the list again cross-checking his given titles against our security team records to make sure all of them have had the appropriate triage done and get his CVE references updated.

To quote the article:

"
The Squid Team have been helpful and supportive during the process of reporting these issues. However, they are effectively understaffed, and simply do not have the resources to fix the discovered issues. Hammering them with demands to fix the issues won’t get far.
"

Amos