Search squid archive

Re: [ext] Squid quits while starting?!

On 01.10.23 16:28, Dave Blanchard wrote:
Squid's user friendliness could use a major overhaul. I absolutely despise programs which are designed this way. It just silently fails on startup with no obvious reason or explanation given, even if one enables debug output to find out why. Instead you have to get online and search, ask questions in a mailing list, etc to find out you have to type in some obscure commands.

is there nothing in cache_log file?

"Too few ssl_crtd processes are running" and "FATAL: The ssl_crtd helpers are crashing too rapidly, need help!" are some of the dumbest error messages ever conceived.

There is nothing dumb about this. You have configured squid to start ssl_crtd processes and they crash. The only thing squid can tell you that there is something wrong with them.
Reminds me of every web site these days with their "Oops something went wrong lol" errors.

The same applies to web clients, what do you expect squid to do, display "squid admin screwed up the ssl_crtd configuration"?
--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
Save the whales. Collect the whole set.