Search squid archive

Re: TLS passthrough

On 28.09.23 10:06, Fernando Giorgetti wrote:
Hi Matus, do you mean something like a DNAT (iptables) rule?

that was my question.

If so, I would say, it should work as well.

If you want simply redirect incoming connections to another IP/port, port redirector should work just like DNAT.

But this is an environment I do not control, and I have been told to try
using an existing squid installation to proxy non-http/TLS data through.

I appreciate any guidance or recommendation.

SQUID however does not have this functionality, packages like redir, rinetd, or xinetd do have it.

https://www.haproxy.com/documentation/aloha/latest/security/tls/encryption-strategies/#tls-passthrough

>I have tried a few different configurations using reverse proxy,
>or peek and splice, but I could not make it work without providing
>a valid HTTP request or a CONNECT request.

what's the difference between TCP redirect and this?

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
Windows found: (R)emove, (E)rase, (D)elete