Search squid archive

Re: Does Squid-cache support SOCKS5 protocol?

Hello,
Thank you so much for your reply.
Dante (https://www.inet.no/dante/)? How does it performance?
Can it also act as an HTTP server?

On 11.09.23 18:29, Grant Taylor wrote:
>Is there a particular reason that you want to see Squid add support as
>a SOCKS server verses using a different existing SOCKS server?  E.g.
>Dante SOCKS server?
>
>Dante is quite capable and can do a LOT of things.

To be frank, having configuration, logging and ACL's on one place made me
also think to use SQUID for SOCKS in the past.

But for SOCKS I use Dante because of that.

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
There's a long-standing bug relating to the x86 architecture that