Search squid archive

Squid-cache authentication is not working

Hello,
I installed the Squid-cache on Debian 12, then I installed the Apache utils:

$ sudo apt install apache2-utils

After it, I did the following steps:

$ sudo touch /etc/squid/passwd
$ sudo chown proxy /etc/squid/passwd

Then:

$ sudo htpasswd /etc/squid/passwd jason

After it, I opened the "/etc/squid/squid.conf" file and add the following lines to it:

auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid/basic_ncsa_auth /etc/squid/passwd
auth_param basic children 5
auth_param basic realm Squid Basic Authentication
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours
acl auth_users proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access allow auth_users
http_access deny all

Finally:
$ sudo systemctl restart squid

But, on the client machine, I can visit any website without the username and password.
Which part of the configuration is wrong?

Thank you.