From: squid-users <squid-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Service MV
Sent: Monday, August 28, 2023 16:32
To: Squid Users <squid-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: How to upgrade correctly?

Hello everyone.
I have currently installed SQUID 5.8 compiled from source on Debian 10.5.
I want to upgrade to the latest stable version, 6.2.
What is the recommended way to upgrade to a new version? Should I uninstall the old version first? Or do I compile the new one and it overwrites the old one?

Thank you very much for any help you can give me.

My configuration:

./configure --includedir=/include \
--mandir=/share/man \
--infodir=/share/info \