Search squid archive

Re: compile error in squid v6.1

On Tue, Aug 1, 2023 at 12:05 AM Alex Rousskov <rousskov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

IIRC, this error implies that your compiler does not fully support
C++17. Squid v6 requires decent C++17 support.

If I am right, then you will need to use a different/modern compiler
(but consider filing an enhancement request with Squid Bugzilla to
improve Squid handling of this specific problem -- our ./configure
should fail with a user-friendly error instead of the current outcome).

you are probably right, Alex. I will upgrade my compiler and inform the list of the result.

thanks and kind regards,
--botp