Search squid archive

Re: Making squid into socks proxy

Hi Robert,
  in my understanding that configuration turns Squid into a Socks client. Outbound squid connections will then be proxied through a socks proxy.
There might be a point, in some use cases, but I agree it's a stretch.
For instance it could help if there's a need to log URLs being accessed, which socks by itself can' tdo; it might also work as a TLS interception proxy which then needs to access some tightly-controlled network segment.