Search squid archive

Re: correct regular expression to use to capture all

On 08.07.23 13:07, robert k Wild wrote:
True but I don't want to create two ACL lists, one for "ssl name" and one
for "ssl name regex"

try only create one for ssl name. You rarely need regex.
performance will thank youl

On Sat, 8 Jul 2023, 12:57 Matus UHLAR - fantomas, <uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 07.07.23 21:13, robert k Wild wrote:
>i know ive been talking about this before but i want to understand why i
>cant use this regex
>
>(^|.*)redshift3d.com$
>
>instead i have to use this
>
>(^|\.)redshift3d.com$ OR
>
>(^|\.)redshift3d\.com$
>
>for strings
>
>www.redshift3d.com
>activate.redshift3d.com
>redshift3d.com

AFAIK "dstdomain .redshift3d.com"

matches the same, but without complicated, cpu-expensive and hardly
readable
regular expressions

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/