Search squid archive

Help with using Squid proxy and VPN at the same time.

I use a Squid proxy just for Boinc (I have 8 PCs and it caches the downloads which all 8 machines get (large data files). I also use a VPN. I want to tell the VPN to not put Squid through it (as for some reason Boinc servers hate VPNs). I can tell the VPN to exclude certain apps by giving it the name of the executable. But what executable in Squid actually connects to the network?