Search squid archive

Re: Logging failed authentication attempts

On 31/01/2023 4:55 pm, Andrey K wrote:
Hello,

I need to log failed Proxy-authentication attempts. The log information should contain timestamp, username and client IP address. 407-records in the access.log file do not contain username if NTLM-authentication is used.
I was wondering if it is possible to set up such a configuration?

Squid log entries record username for all authentication types as soon as a username exists. I expect you are being confused by log records for the part of NTLM handshake before the username is sent to Squid.

Amos