Search squid archive

Re: Squid log shows peer_response_time = 0 and status is 200

On 12/29/22 16:17, Raghav P wrote:
We have a squid proxy configured as a forward proxy. But we see that for some requests the log shows peer_response_time =0 but has status is 200. At times users on their browser see this as a page not loading.

As we couldn't find documentation around this. We wish to know what this actually means and if this is an issue how to resolve it.

It is difficult to say for sure what is going on without a lot more details, but it is likely that Squid experienced some kind of an error after receiving the beginning of a 200 OK response from the peer. I am guessing that when handling certain kinds of errors, Squid may forget to update the transaction response time clock and log zero. It is also possible, in some environments, that the transaction took less than one millisecond.

I recommend configuring Squid to log all the standard fields in "squid" logformat, including %Ss (you probably log that already) and to add %err_code/%err_detail fields (you probably do not log those now). Share the values of those three specific fields (at least) with this mailing list. In general, the more logged fields you can share, the higher are the chances that somebody here will know what is going on with those transactions.

You may also want to mention whether these transactions are HTTP or HTTPS, and, if HTTPS, whether your Squid has ssl_bump rules for those transactions.

HTH,

Alex.