Search squid archive

Re: does squid 5.7 support HTTP/2 protocol

On 19/11/2022 3:23 am, Dieter Bloms wrote:
Hello,

does squid 5.7 support the HTTP/2.0 protocol?

Short answer is "no".

 From https://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/HTTP2 it seem some work seems
to be done, but not all.
But sometimes the docu is outdated, so I hope it is outdated and squid
does support HTTP/2

Squid-5 is able to detect HTTP/2 version being attempted and reject it. Further support is stuck in PR review.

PS. with HTTP/3 coming out and becoming so popular in the time it took to get the simplest h2c support into Squid I have moved focus to adding that first and potentially skipping HTTP/2 entirely. Work to add QUIC support underlaying HTTP/3 is also in PR review at present.

HTH
Amos