Search squid archive

Re: Empty transfer-encoding header causes 502 response

On 2022-10-24 13:36, Matthew H wrote:
Hi,

I'm using Squid to proxy HTTP requests to another proxy. I can see squid sending the request to the parent and getting a response, but it sends the
client that initiated the request a 502 Bad Gateway response.

That is correct behaviour. Squid does not know how to decode the content for delivery.

On closer inspection it appears the parent proxy is sending an
empty transfer-encoding header, and this is causing Squid to send a 502. Is
there any way to ignore this?

This MUST NOT be ignored. The server has explicitly indicated that the response content area is encoded, but not how. Squid cannot tell where the boundaries of the message content are, nor how to transform it for delivery to the client.

Amos