Search squid archive

Re: Different routes for domains in dstdomains list

On 9/20/22 9:58 PM, Alex Rousskov wrote:
* If you want a request to go out on a connection that uses a particular source IP address then use the tcp_outgoing_address directives.

I don't know if the OP is wanting to use a different IP default gateway or not; e.g. things in the dstdomain list would use ISP1 while things not in dstdomain list would use ISP2. At least that's what my understanding of their message was.

On Linux, I don't know about other OSs, it's possible to configure routing rules so that different source IPs are routed differently. E.g. IP1 uses ISP1 while IP2 used ISP2.

* If you want to direct a request to different cache_peers, then use cache_peer_access and related directives.

I was originally thinking about targeting different cache_peers as a way to cause traffic to be more easily identifiable from the routing layer. But the tcp_outgoing_address seems to simplify this to the point that an iproute2 rule can match based on the source IP.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die