Search squid archive

Re: TCP_MISS only

On 27/09/22 23:01, Andy Armstrong wrote:
Hi Alex,

That makes a lot of sense, I don’t know how I overlooked that – thank you. I also agree, logically caching a 201 response makes little sense, and it was just an example I had that was easy to try so I used that.

I just altered the HTTP Return code so it sent 200 instead of 201, and the result is sadly the same, I get many, many lines like this:

Unfortunately that is not enough. POST method is also not cacheable by default. See <https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc9110#section-9.3.3>

Consider what would happen when two clients POST different sets of data to the same URL. Which one should the cache handle *instead* of letting it be delivered to a server?

1664272638.44310107 10.1.1.70 TCP_MISS/200 275 POST http://192.168.0.2:3001/InternalCommunicationServices/message/email - HIER_DIRECT/192.168.0.2 application/json

My suspicion is still that my refresh_pattern is wrong:

refresh_pattern -i http:\/\/129.168.0.2:3001\/.* 10080 100% 43200 override-lastmod

refresh_pattern directive does not make things cacheable when they are not. It can only extend or shrink cacheability times.

HTH
Amos