Search squid archive

Re: Squid 4.8+ intercept

On 09.08.22 21:28, M K wrote:
I have a setup like this one:

| Client | =====> | Router | =====> Internet
                    \/
                 | Squid |

...the router is a Mikrotik router capable of all things NAT/Redirect and
whatnot. Squid server has only one network interface.
Using the router:
- I tried routing traffic to squid server IP.
- I tried destination-NATing from client to server IP, with origin server
IP-and-port natted to squid IP-and-port, and with origin server IP-only
natted to squid-IP.

https://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/InterceptionProxy#Requirements_and_methods_for_Interception_Caching

NOTE: NAT configuration will only work when used on the squid box. This is required to perform intercept accurately and securely. To intercept from a gateway machine and direct traffic at a separate squid box use policy routing.

I have been struggling for 2 days to setup a working Squid 4.8 or higher
interception.
Test server is running Ubuntu 18.4.3 and Squid 4.8.
Documentation is either too much trim or extremely outdated.

policy routing:

https://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Intercept/IptablesPolicyRoute

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.