Search squid archive

Re: Squid stop sending icp after a random time

On 18/07/22 18:38, Théo BARRAGUE wrote:> Hello,

After a random time ( seconds, minutes or even hours ) squid stop sending ICP to neighbours.
Given that all traffic from squid-1 is forced to go through squid-2 why are you bothering with ICP? that is only useful when there are 2+ peers to select from.

This is my configuration for squid-1 :

cache_peer squid-2 parent 3128 3130 background-ping

dns_nameservers 1.1.1.1
> netdb_filename none
netdb_ping_period 1 seconds> query_icmp on
never_direct allow all

I highly recommend that you at least retain the default security settings for http_access. They are designed to protect against some nasty situations like proxy hijacking and DoS attacks.

http_access allow all
http_port 3128
icp_access allow all
icp_port 3130

​This is my configuration for squid-2 :

cache_peer_access squid-1 allow

There is no cache_peer definition in this config. Either this is not actually your config file contents, or Squid is using a different config file than you think.

dns_nameservers 1.1.1.1

netdb_filename none
netdb_ping_period 1 seconds

cache_dir null /tmp

The "null" storage type has not been part of Squid for most of a decade.
Erase the cache_dir line. Add "cache_mem 0 KB" instead.

cache deny all

shutdown_lifetime 15 seconds

http_access allow all
http_port 3128
icp_access allow all
icp_port 3130

I'm using Squid 4.6 from Debian Bullseye on a amd64 architecture

Bullseye currently ships with Squid-4.13. Please update to that, if only for the security patches.

I doubt v5 will work differently for your issue, but YMMV.

HTH
Amos