Search squid archive

Re: Reloading squid service results in connection resets

On 6/13/22 18:35, Toler, Matt wrote:

That said, it was our understanding that reloading the service would not disturb any old connections

That is an oversimplified and somewhat optimistic view. Said that, most old connections indeed survive reconfiguration in most environments.

and new connections would receive the new configuration.

That is correct only _after_ Squid starts listening for new connections again (as your experience can demonstrate).

We were wondering if anyone else has encountered any issues with connection resets of client traffic during squid service reload? Or may otherwise have any thoughts on this issue.

The lack of smooth reconfiguration support is a known problem that has been discussed and is being addressed. Here are a few recent related discussions:

http://lists.squid-cache.org/pipermail/squid-users/2022-March/024675.html

http://lists.squid-cache.org/pipermail/squid-users/2022-May/024778.html

HTH,

Alex.