Search squid archive

Squid Reconfigure Downtime

Hello,

I'm new to Squid and am currently researching the use/effects of running reconfigurations. I've come across a couple links and forums that talk about this, but since some of those are a bit dated I wanted to make sure I have the right info...

We're currently running Squid 4.8, and I want to know, what is the expected downtime when running "squid -k reconfigure"? How does this affect existing and incoming connections?

I ran a simple test in my machine where I reconfigure squid, while separately running multiple proxy requests. As far as I could tell, there wasn't any disruption, but I'd like to get some input from more experienced folks.

Thanks,
Mani