Search squid archive

Re: squid5 Happy Eyeballs - Is it possible to enable IPV4 only or IPV6 only ?

On 5/1/22 23:49, Ahmad Alzaeem wrote:

sometime the IPV4 instance receive DNS resolution of the destination as IPV6 and the connection fails !!

sometimes the IPV4 instance receive the DNS resolution of the destination as IPV6 and the connection fail .

Is there any option we can do based on the environment above ?

Without Squid code modifications, your options are:

* Use a custom DNS resolver (configuration) that never sends IPv4 address records to an IPv6-only Squid. Use a custom DNS resolver (configuration) that never sends IPv6 address records to an IPv4-only Squid. Configure each Squid to use the right resolver (see dns_nameservers).

* Disable IPv6 support in IPv4-only Squid at ./configure time. This does not help with the IPv6-only Squid and has other negative side effects. I do not recommend this option.

> Like maybe we disable eyeballs or preserving it while add an option
> like DNS A records or DNS AAAA records .

It would be possible to enhance Squid by adding a configuration option that disables (certain) A or AAAA queries, but proper modifications are not trivial and nobody has done them yet: https://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/AboutSquid#How_to_add_a_new_Squid_feature.2C_enhance.2C_of_fix_something.3F

Cheers,

Alex.