Search squid archive

Re: Trying to set up SSL cache - solved!

On 2/23/22 22:09, Dave Blanchard wrote:
OK--I solved the problem by removing the "ssl_bump bump all" line.
Works fine now.

Damn, this proxy is a TOTAL PAIN IN THE ASS!! to configure. It seems
like 90% of the tutorials out there are junk, largely because things
keep changing from version to version, obsoleting them.

This email thread is a good example. The original ssl_bump config shared in the beginning of the thread did not make sense at all. Squid bugs notwithstanding, the implied second config (the one with "ssl_bump bump all" line removed) should not cache any HTTPS transactions either. However, folks will read this thread, copy the original config, maybe remove the "bump" line, and expect things to "work" because the "problem" was "solved" for somebody else.

Please add more concrete examples to the Wiki reference pages!

IMHO, SslBump is too nuanced/complex to be able to reuse simple configurations without understanding their meaning. We should improve documentation a lot, but it takes a village to do that, and "more examples" is hardly the answer.

Alex.