Search squid archive

Re: Vulnerabilities with squid 4.15

ok so build my squid 4.17 with this option

--disable-wccpv2

as i have no lines in my squid.conf referencing wccp

is that what i should do, tbh i dont even know if i do or dont need wccp

On Fri, 11 Feb 2022 at 02:27, Amos Jeffries <squid3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 11/02/22 07:55, robert k Wild wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there any security vulnerabilities with squid 4.15, should I update
> to 4.17 or is it OK to still use as my squid proxy server
>
> Sorry for silly question

Not silly.

There is this one for WCCP:
<https://github.com/squid-cache/squid/security/advisories/GHSA-rgf3-9v3p-qp82>

However, be aware that the patch has been found to prevent all traffic
from some routers. We are working on the fix for that.

Amos

Regards,

Robert K Wild.