Search squid archive

Reverse DNS lookups from squid logging port

Hi,

I am running squid version 4.17 and have not been able to disable the reverse DNS lookups it does on each client's IP address. Found the thread below that discusses this; I have attempted adding the following config knobs, but it still does not disable the reverse lookups. I do not have any logformat containing ">A" or "<A".

store_id_extras "%>a %un %>rm myip=%la myport=%lp"
url_rewrite_extras "%>a %un %>rm myip=%la myport=%lp"

http://lists.squid-cache.org/pipermail/squid-users/2016-February/009109.html

The proposed solution seems to be to change the following lines and recompile. If this is still the recommended fix, can it be upstreamed in an upcoming release?

https://github.com/squid-cache/squid/blob/master/src/cf.data.pre#L6042
https://github.com/squid-cache/squid/blob/master/src/cf.data.pre#L6136

Thanks
Praveen