Search squid archive

Re: Squid upgrade failure support questions

On 25/10/21 6:33 am, Yuen, John wrote:

http_port 3128

The ‘Squid for Windows’ service is set to ‘Automatic’ startup type and shows the ‘Running’ status. So it can’t be that. I can telnet to port 3128 on the new working Squid v4.14 server. But I can’t telnet to the same port 3128 on the upgraded/non-working Squid server. When I do, it doesn’t work and errors out like this:

C:\>telnet Squid-01 3128

Connecting To Squid-01...Could not open connection to the host, on port 3128: Connect failed

At no point in your post do I see any mention of what the IP addresses are. Can you please indicate what "localhost", "Squid-01" resolve to on both the machine used as client and the Squid machine. And what IP(s) those firewall rules by Local subnet "Any" and Remote address "local subnet".

Amos