Search squid archive

Re: Compile/Rebuilding on debian bullseye (or buster)

On 14/09/21 9:22 pm, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
Hai Amos,

Im attempting to make a squid 5.1 build based on the bullseye squid/debian folder.
( ps. Im building with sbuilder )

Now, this "normaly" worked since squid 3.2 for me, copy the debian folder, make minor adjustments if needed,
Just with latest adjustments, well, i cant make it work.

This was my last adjustmated..

   * Used build : squid-5.1-20210804-r1f9e52827 of 04 Aug 2021
   * Refreshed patches, removed patches already included.
   * d/control lower debhelper to 12 to allow building

Changed d/rules, added. -srcdir=. --disable-dependency-tracking
Any suggestions what i can do here?

I am a bit stuck here myself with this build style, that is part of why the package is not already updated. The Debian auto-build system adds those options and AFAICT does not provide an easy way to avoid.

And i tested also with my last settings from my backport to Debian buster and squid 4.16(ssl enabled)

Resulting in :
configure: Samba TrivialDB library support: no
configure: error: external acl helper time_quota ... found but cannot be built
make: *** [/usr/share/cdbs/1/class/autotools.mk:46: debian/stamp-autotools] Error 1
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build subprocess returned exit status 2

Debian used to use the BerkeleyDB, so the normal Squid build dependencies pulls the library in for that.

If libdb-dev is no longer available you will need to install libtdb-dev package.

Also, (for now) if you are using the ext_time_quote_acl or ext_session_acl helpers you will need to manually purge their databases on install/upgrade.

Amos