Search squid archive

Re: HTTPS caching is not working in squid with ssl-bump enabled

On 24/03/21 11:11 pm, Vignesh Ramessh wrote:
Hi Alex,

We have just started to integrate squid proxy in our project, thanks for your reply and support.

Previously we were seeing TCP_TUNNEL for https://www.google.com <https://www.google.com>. Now, we are able to see the TCP_MISS transactions for https://www.google.com <https://www.google.com>.

As https://www.google.com <https://www.google.com> does not contain a cache-control header in response, the response cannot be cached which we are aware of.

That is not true. The request method is primarily what determines cacheability. Other things like Cache-Control only modify what the method implies.

Amos