Search squid archive

Re: Log rotate

On 07.12.20 09:12, sampei02@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I want to rotate access.log by logrotate system process so I disabled
rotation in squid.conf, logfile_rotate has been set to zero; by logrotate
I can compress log files and to name them with date suffix.

But what I have to write among postrotate and endscript ?  What command to
send to squid to start rotation?

It’s right to write "squid -k rotate" in postrotate section if I wanted to
manage rotation only by logrotate?

this is very common on debian-based systems.

This is my /etc/logorotate.d/ file

var/log/squid/access.log {
       daily
       compress
       rotate 365
       missingok
       nocreate
       sharedscripts
       postrotate
		 test ! -e /var/run/squid.pid || test ! -x /usr/sbin/squid || /usr/sbin/squid -k rotate 2>/dev/null
       endscript
}

are you sure you don't run debian? ;-)
I would just like to avoit redirecting stderr to /dev/null
- if something bad happens, you should know it and not flush the info

/var/log/squid/*.log {
       daily
       compress
       delaycompress
       rotate 31
       missingok
       nocreate
       sharedscripts
       prerotate
               test ! -x /usr/sbin/sarg-reports || /usr/sbin/sarg-reports daily
       endscript

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
Linux - It's now safe to turn on your computer.