Search squid archive

Re: Squid is using ipv4 for non-ssl connections

Just to clear out the doubts about the subject.

The decision on what IP version to use for outgoing connections is based on:

  • DNS A and AAAA records
  • Reachability:  Ping? Icmp? Happy Eyeballs?

I am not sure what was the situation but,
some tests were done to run an IPv6 only network with IPv6 to IPv4 Gateways.

However I am not sure what happen with these trials.

As far as I remember the decision was to run full Dual Stack networking for a period of time until IPv4 will “die”.

The domain webpage has a notification:

“Oct 1, 2020 the A record for api6.ipify.org will be removed to make the subdomain only for IPv6 requests. For universal access please use api64.ipify.org.”

So.. there is time until you can test with this specific domain.

Eliezer

----

Eliezer Croitoru

Tech Support