Search squid archive

Re: squid logging disable based on ACL & kernel: Out of memory

Dear Alex,

Thanks a lot, I started installing new squid on centos8 as you suggested.

I got one more doubt its about logging.

I have below option globally, which I don't want to make "off"
strip_query_terms on

and my ACL as follows:
logformat squid_custom %ts.%03tu %6tr %>a %Ss/%>Hs %<st %rm %ru %un %Sh/%<A %mt
acl track dstdomain "/etc/squid/sites_track.txt"
access_log /var/log/squid/full_site_links.log squid_custom track

however for specific ACL I would like to log full URL with query parameters, how this can be done ?

- Akshay

On Fri, May 1, 2020 at 7:05 PM Alex Rousskov <rousskov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 5/1/20 1:20 AM, Akshay Hegde wrote:

> *1. How to disable logging of few ACLs ?

Use "access_log none aclX" to prevent creation of access.log records for
transactions matching aclX. See
http://lists.squid-cache.org/pipermail/squid-users/2020-April/021876.html for
some related caveats.

> *2. Kernel Out of Memory

This problem is most likely unrelated to logging. If your Squid is
gradually leaking memory (rather than just being overwhelmed with
traffic), then the first step towards removing those memory leaks would
be to upgrade your Squid from the unsupported and buggy v3.1.10.

HTH,

Alex.