Search squid archive

Re: Security concerns with using squidclient from a host separate from the server

On 10/12/19 9:08 am, Tom Karches wrote:
> Are there any security concerns with running squidclient anywhere except
> on the local host?

No more than with any HTTP software. Less than some.

> I have been told that squidclient "exposes a lot of
> data". Is that because transactions are passed over an insecure
> connection? If so, is there a workaround that solves this problem?

Depends on what you consider exposure. Of what? to whom? and how?

squidclient prints the HTTP response headers and payload to its stdout.
How that info was received is up to the server/proxy being connected to.

Amos