Search squid archive

Re: External ACL undocumented changes?

On 2019-10-08 12:15, johnr wrote:
In squid 3.5, passing a request header into the external ACL was post reqmod
(if I added a header in ICAP, it was available in the external ACL).

Not quite. It depended on when the ACL was tested: pre or pos- adaptation. Obviously testing the ACL in http_access before adaptation took place would not be able to send adapted headers.

see <https://wiki.squid-cache.org/ProgrammingGuide/Architecture#Transaction_Processing> for processing order.

 In
squid 4, this doesn't seem to be the case. Is that intentional?

Yes, in Squid-4 the old header codes are mapped to the pre-adaptation header logformat codes because the pre-adaptation http_access directive is the most common use of ACLs.

Further, the logformat codes that the external ACL now supports should allow
access to the post reqmod headers, but that also doesn't seem to work.

If the ">ha" logformat code does not send adapted HTTP request headers *after* adaptation completes, that would be a bug.

I'm not sure if this is user error or if there is actually a bug.

Either or both. You have not provided any actual details of the config and what Squid is sending and/or logging for us to say which.

Amos