Search squid archive

Squid Benchmark

Hi,

This is probably a bring recurring subject, but users in our company frequently say that "Internet navigating is slow..."
While "slow" is such a relative feeling, depending on computer health, user behaviour or network state, we have to be aware for bottlenecks.

We are using Squid servers behind a LB, providing Internet or Intranet access for up to 3000 users.

NAT is for sure a faster way to access web, but considering security and filtering, we have to use Squid and we want to be sure that Squid is not the main cause for slow-down.

Is there a strong way, and moreover an efficient tool to check that using Squid is not a bottleneck compared to a direct to Internet access (NAT) ?

Regards,