Search squid archive

Re: url_rewrite_program, sslbump and CONNECT = broken redirect page?

On 19/03/19 4:55 pm, Amos Jeffries wrote:

You should fix the helper (if possible) to cope with CONNECT and other
unusual types of URI input it may receive. There may be protocols other
than "http://";, path-only URLs, URN, or even just an asterisk ('*') on
some methods.
  <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7230#section-5.3>
  <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3986>

To re-write the helper output must not only be a valid URI, but also
compatible with the operations the original URI was going to perform.

If that is not possible, you can workaround this particular case by
adding this to your squid.conf to skip processing of the CONNECT
messages entirely:

  url_rewrite_access deny CONNECT

Thanks for the elaborate reply. Now I have fixed my helper to reply with "OK"  for CONNECT requests.

But I have came across another issue related to "notes" and SSL bumped connection.

I will compose another e-mail with new subject to explain the issue, soon.

Regards

Amish