Search squid archive

Re: Squid 4.6 Transparent HTTP & HTTPS Proxy

On Thursday 07 March 2019 at 13:17:18, dkanejs wrote:

> I'm trying to create a transparent (requires no client configuration) Squid
> proxy for HTTP and HTTPS.
>
> In short, I want to whitelist specific domains on both HTTP and HTTPS.
> Details
>
> - Building / Running in AWS
> - Ubuntu 18.04
> - Instance has Source/Destination check disabled
> - Private subnets route table points 0.0.0.0/0 to EC2 Instance
> - Squid 4.6 compiled with SSL support options:

I might be good to tell us exactly what options you have used to compile Squid
for yourself - this can be important, especially with SSL stuff.

> Current Configuration
>
> iptables

What?

> Results
>
> Using the proxy via a host in the private subnet for HTTP:
>
> Using the proxy via a host in the private subnet for HTTPS:

Well, what are the results?  What waorks, what doesn't?

> Happy to share more information / configuration if I've missed something
> important.

Er, tell us what you're trying to do and what isn't working, and what you see
in the Squid log files for those requests.

Also, helpful to post your squid.conf without comments or blank lines, so we
can see how you're trying to set this up.

Regards,

Antony.

--
Bill Gates has personally assured the Spanish Academy that he will never allow
the upside-down question mark to disappear from Microsoft word-processing

 - Lynne Truss, "Eats, Shoots and Leaves"

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.