Search squid archive

Re: ICAP and 403 Encapsulated answers (SSL denied domains)

Hello Alex

But unfortunately Squid adds a "Connection: keep-alive" header
It is not clear _why_ you consider that header "unfortunate" and the
connection "wasted". That header may or may not be wrong, and the
connection may or may not be reusable, depending on many factors (that
you have not shared).

Your are right, it's not clear for me too, the only thing I'm seeing it's that a keep-alive is not present in my answer from ICAP but well added in header to client, after that if there is a refresh the browser waits for the page a long time

But perhaps this is not related to my issue

work. Otherwise, a packet capture (in pcap format) is probably the
easiest sharing method.

Here a short tcpdump trace https://nas.traceroot.fr:8081/owncloud/index.php/s/egrcXnU3lxiU0mi

  1 - I'm surfing to the website https://www.toto.fr

  2 - I receive a 403 (blank page)

  3 - I refresh the page, and I wait a long time before timeout

A real issue is filtering ADS, surf to www.aaa.com and block www.bbb.com (ads), there are multiple links to bbb in aaa, in this case www.aaa.com never appears completely (or after a long time) the browser freeze and still waiting bbb  (the name appears in bottom: waiting for bbb)

Yes, by ICAP design, an ICAP service does not have direct control over
HTTP connections maintained by the host application (e.g., Squid).

Yes it's what I saw and read in the rfc

Thank you

Fred