Search squid archive

Web Socket Support For Reverse Proxy

I am running Squid as a reverse proxy for several internally hosted websites, some HTTP and some HTTPS with wild card cerrtificate. We have recently setup a Atlassian Confluence Server, and are unable to edit any documents through the reverse proxy. On inspection of client web console logs we are receiving the following error.

failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 200

I have been searching the Squid documentation and can't find anything on web sockets. Is it not supported in reverse proxy mode?

Currently running Squid 4.3, the cache peer for the specific server is.

cache_peer 10.20.10.25 parent 8490 0 ssl no-query no-digest originserver name=confluence_parent sslcapath=/usr/local/share/certs sslflags=DONT_VERIFY_PEER login=PASSTHRU front-end-https=on proxy-only
cache_peer_access confluence_parent allow CONFLUENCE SSL
cache_peer_access confluence_parent deny all

The confluence server is configured to use a proxy, and is aware that it is there. There instructions only discuss settings specific to Nginx and Apache, in both cases the Confluence connector is the same the difference is the settings for Nginx and Apache.

--
Thanks,
   Dean E. Weimer