Search squid archive

Re: note macro - %{policy_}note passes old values along with new value

On 14/12/18 10:37 pm, Alex Rousskov wrote:
On 12/14/18 9:26 AM, Amish wrote:

url_rewrite_program /usr/lib/squid/url_rewrite
url_rewrite_extras "policy=%{policy_}note"

I was expecting that %{policy_}note will pass on only latest value
to url_rewrite but somehow it passes old value + new value.
Modern[1] Squid versions should remove old same-name annotations when
adding new ones. If you are running a supported version, and your Squid
merges/appends annotations, consider filing a bug report.

Sorry that I forgot to mention squid version.

But I am using squid 4.4 (Arch Linux)

How to pass only the latest value with note macro?
With modern Squids, you should not do anything special to accomplish
that. Only the latest annotation value should be preserved. If that is
not happening in your tests, consider filing a bug report, especially if
you can reproduce with Squid v4+.

[1]
https://github.com/squid-cache/squid/commit/457857fe7cf51037cd9e54e86c0985391d7ea594

I have not set any clt_conn_tag=TAG.

Does this feature of latest note value work only if I set clt_conn_tag=TAG?

If yes, do you mean I need to set clt_conn_tag=policy_?

Will file bug report if answer is no.

Thanks

Amish.