Search squid archive

access_log acls

I have an issue with access_log acls when a load balancer sends a TCP probe.

The goal is to not log errors caused by the TCP probes of the load balancer.  All other errors must be logged.

I did a test with the following acls on one of our test systems to illustrate the issue:

logformat combha %>a %ui %un [%tl] "%rm %ru HTTP/%rv" %>Hs %<st %Ss:%Sh %>ha
acl src_lb src 10.2.2.254/32
acl src_lb src 10.2.2.107/32
access_log stdio:/local/squid4/logs/lbaccess.log combha src_lb
access_log stdio:/local/squid4/logs/access.log   combha !src_lb

The logging is almost as expected: all HTTP(S) traffic from 10.2.2.107 goes to lbaccess.log and all other traffic to access.log,
but imitating the TCP probe of the LB with a telnet session from 10.2.2.107 to the squid server which is immediately terminated or sends garbage, is logged with transaction-end-before-headers to access.log, not lbaccess.log.

It seems that Squid, at the moment that it logs the transaction-end-before-headers error, does not consider the access_log acls or maybe has not yet processed the source IP to make the right decision.

Should the above acls send the errors to lbaccess.log ?  If not, what set of acls can do it?

Thanks,

Marcus