Search squid archive

Google analytics screwing up a lot of sites?

Hello,

We use squid 3.5.20 and a custom content filter to block undesirable (tracking) sites (e.g., google-analytics.com).

I noticed recently that many sites no longer work properly.  From testing, I attribute this to our blocking of either google-analytics.com or another google tracking URI.  I can  see blocked Google script tags & various errors in the browser's Javascript developer console.

It seems that Google's JavaScript ( or missing scripts ) is rendering various modal / dialog boxes useless (typically just see a blank modal and a spinning loading graphic).

I have recently seen this on BMW, Verizon, Arrow electronics, etc.  Shame on them all for tracking me.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

I'm thinking that squid & our content filter is doing its job, and its Google that's creating havoc.

Thanks

Bob