Search squid archive

Re: SSL Bump Failures with Google and Wikipedia

On 06/10/17 18:24, Rafael Akchurin wrote:
Hello Eliezer,

 From desktop ff/chrome goto youtube. It will be br encoded.

Best regards,
Rafael Akchurin

Also, from the discussions in the IETF I get the impression that;

* the Firefox support is still only in their experimental version(s) maybe even limited to some devs project build.

* chrome support is a bit further on but only just starting to go public.

* services using it are limited to a few IETF HTTPbis and QUIC working group participants that are interested in it. - Google is the biggest player involved there and are still only experimentally enabling it in their services. So YMMV with any of their services depending on where you are in the world and how you are accessing them.

In general you can expect the following content encodings to be seen in real-world HTTP today:

 aes / aes128
 br / bro
 bz2
 chunked
 compress
 deflate / x-deflate
 diff
 gzip / x-gzip
 identity
 sdch
 zip / x-zip / x-lz

Transfer-Encoding headers can technically use all of the above too. Though in practice I've only seen or heard about chunked, aes and gzip being used for transfer encodings, and not heard of chunked being used in Content-Encoding.

Amos