Search squid archive

Re: This list generates a forward loop ...

Your DKIM signature covers the Subject and To headers. Any normal mailing list will modify those, so your server cannot do that on list postings. Content-Type is also changed sometimes by our listserver due to the list policy on binary attachments, I dont know whether that is a common practice too but I suspect it might be. The others should be fine AFAIK.

>   d=mathemainzel.info; s=dkim11;
> h=Content-Type:In-Reply-To:References:Subject:To:MIME-Version:From:Date:Message-ID;
>   bh=I9buaZEqIEKxwYTujfGAfgA9MLZUQZwd6uzO8hXcwVY=;
> b=Z+/SVz0jPiFGlzrXhnjW/qoyw+ekMYxPz1xbxz2Tz13sMoNRKH3xNUudSVT4ImRnnkveGEPvZ0tMiwJNAZNOfH2wFFAZaK0wbx6B9Ubu7QYrLJm6Y/lwgk24wkiz6PpB5VgRVxL5/GH5QVck0o6tf3VygCpRJFvmtw11fbbphpQ=;

On a side note:
What I see in these headers is a fight going on between your mailserver sending crypto assertions and another list members server actually verifying them - which of course fail because Subject/To get changed by the list server, and the PGP signature is currently being stripped.

The other members mailserver does something unusually nasty - it simply loops the message back at the list instead of bouncing with a proper error to you. And since your address is still the envelope sender our server rejects with that loop error bouncing back at you.

[yes I wish our sysadmin could stop that bouncing, but the tools seem to be limited].

Amos