Search squid archive

Re: Huge amount of time_wait connections after upgrade from v2 to v3

On 15/07/17 11:28, Ivan Larionov wrote:
Ok, mystery solved.

Patch "HTTP: do not allow Proxy-Connection to override Connection header" changes the behavior. And we indeed send from our clients:

Connection: close
Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive

Ah. Yes that would lead to trouble.

If you have any influence with the authors of that client software please get them to remove the Proxy-Connection header. It should never be used in HTTP/1.1 traffic. At the very least, if the clients are HTTP/1.0 still it should mirror the Connection value to have consistent behaviour from proxies.

If you need a more authoritative reference:
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7230#appendix-A.1.2>

Amos